Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Pregnancy :: Nesting? Or Codeine?

So hard to say! The girls and I are moving through the house working on unfinished projects at a phenomenal rate, and I can't say if it is the urgency that comes with late pregnancy (nesting instinct, if you will) or it is simply the fact that codeine makes me hyperactive and compulsive.

Either way, I have to admit that it is good to be able to move around almost normally for small periods of time. I can still feel my pelvis sliding around and hear the strange popping in my lower spine where it meets up with my pelvis, but without the intense pain. It's actually very interesting all things considered! Without the pain clouding things up I can get a much clearer picture of what's going on and, wow, is it wrong. Pelvises are not supposed to do that. ;)

Today we are sorting the newborn clothes, blankets, and other misc. stuff. I won an auction (check out the slideshow below) on ebay the other day as my one "newborn" splurge, so we're getting ready to get all of that in the wash and ready.

I'm also setting up an online baby registry. Mind you, we absolutely don't need it. We're not having a shower, and people are certainly less enthusiastic about fifth children anyway, but I wanted the experience. ;) We're actually doing our own baby shower (for us only) and maybe I'll just buy something off it, wrap it up, attach an obnoxious balloon and order myself a cake. Because I can. And I'm a dork. And dorks roll like that.

No comments: