Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Waste, Walk or Wisdom

Today I walked about 2 miles, although it was strictly for amusement so I don't know if I get to claim it as anything particularly worthwhile.

I am striving to find a balance right now, between nurturing my body as it it works through the process of returning to normal and in preparation for the donor process, while continuing to gain ground towards my goals. I have to admit that this is a hard balance to strike, and I can find no information on how to achieve it. I do know that I will need to train heaviest in the autumn and early winter for my January goals, so I am guessing that it would be wise to encourage my body to return to normal as quickly as possible so I can begin and thusly end my donor cycles as early in the year as possible. That is my plan at this point, but I can't guarantee it will be the same tomorrow. I'm in uncharted territory here, and am notoriously spastic.

I am also watching some emotional choices made earlier in this process be revisited, which I find immensely interesting. However, I believe change, like time, cannot always be comprehended in a forward view. In fact, if I had more energy I would break off into a halfhearted explanation of the branching universe theory of time and how it is a powerful reflection of course altering forks in the road of life. But I'm weary, and you don't care, so it's all good...........

I hope MaKenzie doesn't mind that I put a link to her blog up. Her and Dana's half marathoning endeavors were hugely inspiring to me.

No comments: