Monday, March 05, 2007

Mush & T-Bones - Oh, Yummy Day!

Yesterday I had one of those experiences that camera cell phones were specifically created for. I saw a man in a wheelchair who had harnessed a rather large group of totally random dogs to the front of it and was hurtling down the street. Wheelchair mushing............. who knew such a thing existed? I actually have a camera phone, but didn't take the picture for 2 reasons. One, he was moving to damn fast and 2 it seemed of questionable taste to put a picture of disabled person up on the internet strictly for entertainment value. My conscience got the better of me; it won't next time.

Yesterday I also avoided probably the most serious "almost accident" of my life by about 2 inches. A SUV pulled out in front of us for a tasty t-bone situation. The SUV driver realized what she had done but we were so close she just threw her hands up over her face and was screaming. Yes, we were close enough to see that; hell, we were close enough for me to tell you she had on a silver pendant. By the grace of God I somehow managed to get our new van around the other vehicle. It has to have been a miracle. So yay for new vans with great brakes and modern steering systems. Had this happened in our old van that we were still driving last week there is no question we would've hit. And, yes, I thought of you RYL! Yikers.

We are finishing up our work this month and preparing for our tests next week so I'll be on and off. I also have to pick up some shifts for work (to avoid getting a naughty email) and I'm of course working on a new project because life didn't seem busy enough. I wasn't, after all, crying every day.

No comments: